- Created on Thursday, 30 October 2014 13:19
- Published on Thursday, 30 October 2014 13:19
DUPLO Workshop on Full-Duplex Radios and Systems
in VTC2015-Spring Conference,
11-14 May 2015, Glasgow, Scotland
The foreseen huge growth in mobile and wireless traffic volume and number ofwirelessly connected devices by 2020 call for new innovative solutions that can exploit the finite radio resources more efficiently. Full-duplex wireless transmission, where a node can send andreceive at the same time in the same frequency band, opens new possibilities forimproving wireless communication system performance. The full-duplex transmissionparadigm has several potential use cases in wireless networks, including e.g.,backhaul connections, relays, and connections between base stations and devices.However, the paradigm sets challenges to wireless transceiver implementation dueto very large self-interference cancellation requirement in the full-duplex transceiver.Successful solving of the implementation challenges paves path for introducing full-duplextransmission paradigm to future 5G systems.
This workshop will look at latest advances in research and development of novel full-duplex transceiver solutions and system applications and discuss applicability of the technology for future evolution of wireless communications systems.
- Preliminary Program
Monday May 11th, 8.30am – 5 pm
Venue: University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
8:30-8:40 Workshop opening
Kari Rikkinen/University of Oulu
8:40-10:10 Full-Duplex Transmission in Wireless Networks
Risto Wichman/Aalto University, Finland
Carlos Lima/Sao Paulo State University (UNESP), Brasil
Hirley Alves, Pedro Nardelli, Matti Latva-aho/University of Oulu, Finland
Mohammed Al-Imari, Mir Ghoraishi, Pei Xiao, Rahim Tafazolli/University of Surrey, UK
--- coffee break ---
10:30-12:00 Full-duplex Transceiver
- Recent Developments in Fully-Integrated RF Self-Interference Cancellation for Frequency-Division- and Full-Duplex Radios
Jin Zhou, Harish Krishnaswamy/Columbia University, USA
Björn Debaillie,Barend van Liempd,Jan Craninckx/IMEC, Belgium
Dirk Jan van den Broek,Eric Klumperink, Bram Nauta/ University of Twente, The Netherlands
Cristina Lavin, Carmen Palacios/TTI, Spain
- A Widely Tunable Full Duplex Tranceiver Combining Electrical Balance Isolation and Analog Cancellation
Leo Laughlin, Chunqing Zhang, Mark Beach, Kevin Morris/University of Bristol, UK
John Haine/u-blox, Switzerland
--- Lunch Break ---
13:30-15:00 Full-Duplex Transceiver and System Solutions
- Wideband Self-Adaptive RF Cancellation Circuit for Full-Duplex Radio: Operating Principle and Measurements
Timo Huusari, Petteri Liikkanen, Dani Korpi, Mikko Valkama/Tampere University of Technology, Finland
Yang-Seok Choi, ShilpaTalwar/Intel corp, USA
Hirley Alves, Matti Latva-aho/University of Oulu, Finland
Richard Demo Souza/Federal University of Technology – Parana (UTFPR), Brazil
Daniel Benevides da Costa/Federal University of Ceara (UFC), Brazil
Sathya Narayana Venkatasubramanian, Katsuyuki Haneda/Aalto University, Finland
Koji Yamamoto/Kyoto University, Japan
--- coffee break ---
(DUPLO full-duplex wireless demonstration during the coffee break)
15:30-17:00 Panel Discussion ’The feasibility of full-duplex technology as the solution for future 5G systems’
Moderator: Kari Rikkinen/University of Oulu
Topics of the workshop include:
- Novel designs and concepts for full-duplex radio transceivers.
- Analysis of novel self-interference cancellation/reduction schemes (digital baseband, analog baseband, RF and antenna) and their performance.
- Full duplex transceiver solutions for SISO/MIMO and different equipment types (base station, relay, handheld device, sensor).
- Full-duplex technology application areas in evolved 4G and future 5G systems.
- Achievable system performance of full duplex radio communication in different wireless system topologies (point-to-point, multi-user, relay, multi-hop, SISO, MIMO).
- Co-existence of full-duplex and half-duplex systems.
- Radio resource management and protocol solutions for full duplex.
- Experimental evaluation of full duplex system implementations.
December 17, 2014 Paper submission deadline
January 26, 2015 Notification of acceptance
February 16, 2015 Camera-ready version of accepted papers
See separate call for papers:
The workshop venue is VTC2015-Spring conference in Glasgow, Scotland (http://www.ieeevtc.org/vtc2015spring/index.php ). The workshop is organized in co-operation with Full-Duplex Radios for LocalAccess (DUPLO) project. DUPLO is funded by the European Union SeventhFramework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement no. 316369.
Technical Program Committee:
- Visa Tapio / University of Oulu, Finland (TPC Chair)
- Jawad Seddar/Thales, France
- AshutoshSabharwal / Rice University, USA
- Risto Wichman / Aalto University, Finland
- Mikko Valkama / Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Guillaume Villemaud/Insa Lyon, France
- Wilhelm Keusgen/Fraunhofer HHI, Germany
- Alex Gong/Loughborough University, UK
- SofiePollin/KUL, Leuven, Belgium
- Amir Khandani/University of Waterloo, Canada
- Marcos Katz / University of Oulu, Finland
- AchaleshwarSahai / Qualcomm Inc ,USA
- Vaneet Aggarwal / AT&T Research, USA
- Ahmed Eltawil, UC Irvine , USA
- Cristina Lavin / TTI, Spain
- Björn Debaillie / IMEC, Belgium
- Dirk Jan van den Broek /University ofTwente, Netherlands
- Mir Ghoraishi/University of Surrey, UK
- Jawad Seddar/Thales, France